REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF MEETINGS & EVENTS
The Company is in the top ten of its sector, a Travel Management and Events Company, leading its field and looking to develop people, technology, channels and products to further outdistance the competition.
Through planned successful growth, profitability has doubled over the last three years, building on
a well-established reputation for delivering the highest quality service to clients in its chosen,
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
An office based position has become available for a highly competent individual to nurture and
develop our Group Travel team.
This varied role, requires a team player with excellent operational, relationship, communication,
leadership and commercial skills, who can develop industry leading relationships that deliver value
The Group Travel Manager is pivotal in the relationship between agency and client. At top level
this role has five broad areas of responsibility:
• To ensure the high quality project management of each aviation piece of business
• To ensure ‘best in class’ logistical management of each aviation piece of business.
• To account manage and develop client relationships with the Group Travel team.
• To lead and mentor the Group Travel team.
• To enhance the group booking process
• Overall responsibility for the smooth delivery of each group travel operation.
• To be commercially aware and identify opportunities to retain margin.
• To ensure seamless liaison with Event Managers where Group Travel and full Event Management
• To ensure clear communication is presented to all stakeholders in respect of project.
• Ability to work to project plans and experience with working in a high pressured environment
• To ensure critical paths are used on relevant aviation projects, resource matching and pricing
structures across the team
• To dynamically analyse current systems with a view of continually improving best practice
• Excellent fare and group product knowledge to ensure that our clients receive the best fares to
meet their group travel requirements, with the ability to book both group travel and individual
• Experienced and confident in booking group travel to assist the team during busy periods
• Use technology to provide efficiencies that allows us to reduce admin time, thus allowing
improved focus on servicing to the client and adding more value.
• To lead the development and on-going management of supplier relationships with Airlines and
other Ground Transport Services for the benefit of R&M and our clients.
• Ensuring timely and accurate cost reconciliation and subsequent payment invoicing to the
• Follow Reed & Mackay Health & Safety and Business Continuity procedure. Works within the
compliance guidelines e.g. data protection; health and safety.
• Solutions expert and escalation point of contact for air travel for both internal and external
• Sell in group travel proposition to existing and new Reed & Mackay clients, articulating value
and benefit to client
• To strategically account manage existing client relationships in conjunction with Group Travel
• Work closely with Director of Events & Group Travel on client presentations, meetings, tenders
• Attend face to face client meetings as required
• Mentor, coach and develop your team to become a centre of excellence in terms of client
satisfaction and delivery.
• Innovate ways to enhance product knowledge across all operational areas of the business.
• Team objective meetings to be conducted on a regular basis (in line with company policy).
• Attend Managers and Department meetings as required
• Raise profile of department to other teams within the business
KEY COMPETENCIES AND DESIRED BEHAVIOUR
People & Relationships:
• Positive people skills – ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues,
clients and suppliers alike.
• Manages one’s emotions during challenging conversations.
• Ability to manage client’s expectations in respect to managing workload.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Have a ‘team player’ approach to an office environment.
• Filters information to ensure the team receives the most pertinent business critical information
via the most appropriate communication channel.
• Is an active ‘leader’
• Embraces the Reed & Mackay culture
• Engages colleagues, clients and suppliers in offering the best advice at all times ensuring all
audience types are satisfied using a positive “can-do” attitude at all times.
• Manages change in a positive manner and is a skilled communicator.
• Confident ability to present at all levels externally and internally, in a positive manner.
• Knowledge and awareness of Sabre airline system and specific airline procedures, ie BAL
• A quick thinker who provides solutions in a measured way, with the ability to make operational
decisions quickly and communicate outcome to the relevant parties.
• Good working knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of delegate registration system such as Cvent.
• Actively promotes the Reed & Mackay high touch service ethic.
• Demonstrates a ‘consultative’ approach at all times.
• Demonstrates flexibility in working hours to ensure our Global events are managed accordingly
and the wider team supported.
• Delivers a consistent level of service.
• Takes an analytical approach to reporting needs
• Understands profit margin and the importance of reaching targets through close monitoring of
• Positively engages with the new business environment.
• Takes ownership of problems and finds solutions rather than state problems.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to create synergy between the Business Travel and Group Travel offering and be the
lynch pin for internal and external clients.
• Encourages the team to upsell and increase business at all opportunities
If you believe this role is for you, please send your CV to Recruitment@reedmackay.com