REPORTING TO: SENIOR HR ADVISOR
Reed & Mackay who employ over 450 people internationally is in the top ten of its sector, a Strategic Travel Management and Services Company, leading its field with a vision to attract, develop and retain the most talented people within the industry.
This position presents an opportunity to take on a varied administrative role within a busy, vibrant and motivated HR team located at the London based head office. You will be part of a department that is responsible for looking after the welfare of the employees within the business, to ensure an efficient, compassionate and approachable service is provided at all times.
• You will often be the first point of contact for general HR related queries
• Recruitment – arranging interviews and ensure that the recruitment process is adhered to
• Managing the ‘On-boarding’ process for all new recruits. To administer the Starter/Leaver process, ensuring all relevant paperwork is issued and communicated
• To maintain the HRIS with all employee information
• To carry out all background checks on all new employees
• To maintain and update electronic and hard copy personnel record systems containing all employment-related information.
• To handle maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave and parental leave administration processes and ensure that associated payroll processes are completed.
• To oversee the induction process of all new starters
• Issuing company policies via the HR platform to all employees to read and agree. Ensuring all employees are compliant.
• To be the first point of contact for benefit related queries
• Diary management (e.g. arranging Inductions, Exit Interviews, etc)
• A variety of ad hoc administration tasks.
• Responsible for creating and providing reports from the HRIS
• To support the wider HR team with the development and implementation of projects as required.
• Responsible for maintaining the HR inbox
• To maintain own continuing professional development, keeping up to date with legal requirements and relevant HR developments.
• To maintain appropriate confidentiality of information relating to the Company and its staff and maintain compliance with Data Protection and GDPR.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must have had exposure to working within a HR environment
• Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience using Sage People is an advantage but not essential
• Excellent verbal, written, numeracy and listening skills
• Very approachable/caring manner – adopting the ‘open door’ policy at all times
• To remain confidential and in accordance with data protection at all times
• Work effectively, remain calm under pressure and adapt well to change
• Use initiative to work independently and as part of a team
• Good organisational ability
• Good attention to detail and accuracy is vital
• Team player is essential
• Ability to multi-task
• Good telephone manner
• Able to communicate at all levels
• Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.
If you believe this role is for you, please send your CV to Recruitment@reedmackay.com