Australia, 13th December
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF SALES – AUSTRALIA
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To acquire new corporate travel accounts aligned with the company’s revenue and profitability projections.
Reed & Mackay is a leader in its field with a vision to attract, develop, and retain the most talented people within the industry to help us outdistance the competition.
This is a field-based role requiring a team player with excellent relationship, communication and commercial skills who is able to work with colleagues locally and around the globe to secure new business.
The role will focus on establishing leads and continuing to nurture these leads to create opportunities to ultimately secure new business. Primarily targeting our addressable market of corporate travel in strategic and core accounts, opportunity should also be sought in the area of Meetings & Events.
Being self-disciplined and a self-starter with the drive to secure deals and meet targets through the signature of profitable prospects will be key.
Working as part of a wider Corporate Sales Team your role will be creating and developing new sales opportunities and setting meetings through outbound cold calls, email/social media campaigns and inbound marketing/lead follow-up.
We are looking for a talented, confident, and competitive person, with experience working within the corporate travel sector, who can adapt quickly, listen intently, and work equally as hard on their own or as part of the team.
This role is fundamental in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Create leads from your own prospecting efforts, leveraging your contacts, existing accounts, marketing, telesales team and partners in order to build a pipeline, to qualify and identify deals that you can close
- Generate new business opportunities within the identified target client sectors
- Plan and carry out sales activities to agreed budgets, sales targets and timescales
- Create and maintain positive client relationships to build business
- Manage client RFP bid processes.
- Present solution and value led propositions including the appropriate fee solutions.
- Establish and compile intelligence on customer applications and competitor intelligence
- Develop and maintain sales records through Salesforce CRM system of sales meetings, sales calls, new sales, closed sales, follow-up activities, opportunities etc.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties, aid business and organisational development.
- Collaborate with Director of Sales to develop sales strategies to achieve desired results.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES:
- Proven Travel Management experience and ability to draw on examples of sales success.
- Excellent business development skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good business acumen and commercial awareness
- Ability to influence client decision making.
- Proficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce
- Knowledge of oil and gas, legal, finance, insurance and professional service sector would be an advantage.
DESIRED BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES
- Highly motivated, a ‘doer’ approach and a real sales hunter mentality (action orientated)
- Analytical Problem Solving & Decision-Making (consultative)
- Strong business sense, market awareness (business acumen)
- The ability to create confidence amongst peers and can act as a trusted advisor (integrity & trust)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers alike (positive people skills)
- Strong interpersonal skills and use communication methods effectively (interpersonal savvy)
- The capability to influence and negotiate at CFO/CPO level to close sales opportunities (negotiating)
- Efficiently able to coordinate resources to support your sales activities (organisational agility)
- ‘Laser –focused’ and commitment to deliver against sales targets (perseverance)
- Energetic, inspiring and the ability to gain credibility when presenting to customers (presentation skills)
- Sharing sport values (team player, enthusiasm, positive behaviour, winning mentality)