Australia, 16th December
REPORTING TO: IT OPERATIONS MANAGER – APAC / SERVICE MANAGER – UK
Reed & Mackay employs 1000+ people and we have sites in Singapore, Sydney, India and Dubai within the APAC region. In the UK we have several sites including a head office and several client sites in London, we have sites in Colchester, Aberdeen, and Newport. Other international sites include France and Germany in mainland Europe and three sites in the US – New York, Philadelphia and Chicago.
Alongside the extraordinary service provided to our clients, Reed & Mackay uses technology as a key differentiator in the corporate travel industry by capitalising on our in-house developed applications. This is an exciting time for the business and the IT Operations Department is a key enabler in its success.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As an integral member of the IT Operations Department, further the vision and goals of R&M by providing outstanding IT support to all staff across all sites and locations, predominately APAC and UK.
- Ensure that all IT Support queries are logged in the IT Service Management tool, and they are prioritised, assigned and resolved according to the agreed SLA.
- Provide first line IT support to R&M staff.
- Work to ITIL and industry standards in meeting the internal Service Level Agreement and supporting the continual improvement of the IT Operations function.
- Work closely with the wider IT Service Desk team and Infrastructure and Application Support Teams as well as third party service providers as required.
- Administer the Avaya telephone systems.
- Follow R&M policies, processes and procedures to maintain our ISO:27001 (Information Security), ISO:22301 (Business Continuity), ISO:9001 (QMS) and PCI (Payment Card Protection) accreditations.
- Promote knowledge sharing and ensure that documentation is captured and updated regularly in line with implemented changes.
- Ensure that the asset management system is up-to-date, accurate and relevant always.
- Process new starters, staff changes and leavers in accordance with documented user lifecycle procedures.
- Perform designated daily, weekly, and monthly operational checks in order to maintain maximum system availability to all users.
- Administer Active Directory and ensure that its structure and integrity is maintained.
- Assist with home installs, provide support at remote/client sites, and develop self-help guides and documentation for the IT portal.
- Administer mobile devices and R&M’s mobile device management platform.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong team player, keen to support peers and open to learn from anyone, regardless of seniority.
- Able to analyse and resolve issues under pressure.
- Courteous, proactive, and able to work with a diverse user base with varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Customer centric and empathetic with the ability to anticipate user needs.
- Friendly and confident with excellent communication skills to engage stakeholders at all levels.
- To be able to manage and progress assigned projects to successful completion
- Commercial understanding with the ability to prioritise incidents and requests.
Essential technical skills and experience:
- Windows 10/11
- Avaya Telephony
- Active Directory Administration /Azure AD
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Teams
- Office 365
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Aware of ITIL processes incl. Incident and Problem Management, Change Management and Continual Service Improvement
- Desktop / Laptop builds using imaging tools Auto Pilot / SCCM
Exposure to the following technologies will also be advantageous:
- Service Now
- SharePoint / OneDrive
- Mobile Device Management
- Sabre GDS / Travelport
- LogMeIn / other remote management tools
- Azure MFA / Okta exposure
- Password reset tools / Microsoft SSPR
- VPN exposure
- Access control
- Printer Management
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Proven experience in a commercial IT Support role
- Microsoft, CompTIA or ITIL qualifications would be advantageous
Personal Development Opportunities
We think it’s very important that you take responsibility and drive your own personal and professional development. You will be encouraged to develop your technical IT skills and knowledge through a combination of formal (classroom), online (CBT Nuggets) and “on the job” training. R&M encourage individuals to pursue professional accreditations and provide support for external exams.
R&M operate an open culture, providing the opportunity for their staff to build valuable management, business, and commercial experience to complement their proven technical skill set. Team members can influence the IT strategy and take a key role in the delivery of IT solutions across the business.
Working hours and travel:
The Global IT Operations Team covers core business hours (08:00 – 18:00). There may be out of hours work on occasions where required. International travel to other APAC offices may be required with occasional visits to the UK.