London / Remote, 10th March
REPORTING TO: GLOBAL HEAD OF BIDS
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Reed & Mackay is recruiting for an experienced Bid Manager to join our successful Bid Team. This is a talented and enthusiastic group of people who work closely together alongside our Sales and Client Success Teams to help our business grow.
A skilled Bid Manager with a wide experience of leading and writing National, Multi-National and Global tenders.
The selected candidate will be a self-starter who will manage our bid responses and deliver content consistently to an exceptional standard. They will have a proven ability to write clearly and creatively to ensure compliance to bid documents and tailor material to the client need.
A self-motivated and disciplined professional with a proven track record of project management, creativity, strategic input, and delivery against inflexible tight deadlines.
This role suits a well organised individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. They will combine project management skills with a calm manner under pressure. They will be collaborative, flexible, open-minded and have a pride in getting the job done – well.
- Provide end-to end management of RFI and RFPs – project management and coordination of all logistical aspects of the proposal
- Taking ownership of the bid response – building the answers in a company or customised style and format and overseeing it through the production process
- Creative writing and response design as and when required
- Acting as the coordinating point for any additional support including subject matter experts and oversees partners
- Assistance with presentation material and post-bid activity as and when required
- Assist our Client Success Managers with contract extension documents
- Assist sales with one-off or general proposals
- Complete questionnaires and database requests
- Continually revise content / library material to ensure we continue to have access to the most up to date information
- Manage delivery or upload of response to online procurement sites
CORE SKILLS/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Proven experience in bid or business writing
- Proven ability to write and deliver a persuasive and engaging tender document
- Organisational skills
- Proven ability at tailoring service offerings to the clients need
- Knowledge of proposal management best practices
- Research skills
- Advanced understanding of MS Word
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise workload
- Proven ability in building relationships with various business units at all levels
- Corporate travel management industry experience preferred
- Project management experience an asset
- University Degree or College Diploma in English, Journalism, or equivalent preferable
- Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.
If you believe this role is for you, please send your CV to Recruitment@reedmackay.com