London, Farringdon 12th January
REPORTING TO: TEAM LEAD
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
Reed & Mackay, a Strategic Travel Management and Services Company leads its field by attracting, developing and retaining the most talented people within the industry.
Reed & Mackay has an enviable reputation for exceptional service which is delivered through
placing innovative technology (exclusively available to Reed & Mackay) in the hands of outstanding
The main role of a Business Travel Consultant is to build relationships and understand the needs of our clients whilst delivering a ‘high-touch’ service that saves clients time and drives down their
total cost of travel
- Provide a dedicated, consistently high level of service to all travellers & travel bookers tailored to their individual requirements, with a desire to always exceed client expectation by going the extra mile
- Effectively manage your workload to meet all deadlines as required, internally or client driven
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of various account processes and policies, and can
- adapt quickly to any necessary changes to these, as and when they arise
- Work directly with the client’s Global Travel Manager, for guidance on policy matters that require escalation
- Pre-trip approval knowledge will be an advantage
- Demonstrate proactive thinking and provide a consultative approach to all travel requests providing an end-to-end solution for all clients
- Advise proactively on relevant Passport and Visa requirements and procedures for all destinations
- Always apply Quality Control procedures and processes in line with ISO27001 (data security certification) and PCI compliance
- Recommend and procure ancillary products as required i.e., car rental, ferry, etc.
- Good knowledge of high-speed intercontinental rail options required
Savings, product knowledge & optimised value
- Deliver cost effective solutions across all aspects of travel
- Proactively identify and implement opportunity to add value to each booking through specialist supplier relationships
- Utilise detailed understanding of the client policy to drive compliance for the client while maximising opportunity to enhance traveller experience
- Knowledge and ability to apply a variety of fare types and contracts to air bookings, including private contracted fares, round the world fares, air passes, creative fares and
- published fares
- Qualify opportunity for and proactively deliver split and combination fare ticketing where appropriate
- Proactively identify cross market and local inventory differences, and when these should be taken advantage of
- Look at alternative airports/routings for the client which could offer better convenience and/or cost savings to clients, this should also include Low-Cost Carriers where appropriate
- Procure the best hotel rates for clients utilising GDS and non GDS channels
- Monitor all bookings for fare/rate saving opportunities up until completion of the trip
- Have an enthusiastic and willing to learn attitude, attending all relevant training / coaching as required
- Achieve individual and team-based objectives through the annual Performance Development Review (PDR)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Manage your own tickets issuance for both Air and Eurostar
- Calculate your own reissues and changes in a timely manner, working in liaison with the Ticketing Department.
- Exceptional telephone manner and good written skills
- Demonstrate ability to make effective use of resources available to complete tasks to agreed deadlines
- Has achieved a continuous record of experience in a core business travel environment
- Minimum qualification level to Fares & Ticketing VAII (formally BA2)
- Fully conversant with one or all GDS systems; Sabre, Galileo, Amadeus
- Fully conversant with Evolvi rail booking system
- Good knowledge of European rail provider frameworks and reservation systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the travel industry and products in the market including different aircraft types and cabins.
- Knowledge of Low-Cost Carriers in the market and their different products available.
- Experience of mixed mode booking tools, and how to support both offline/online bookings.
- Have a ‘team player’ approach to an office environment
- Experience in using MS Word and Excel software packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a highly pressurised environment, and ability to adapt quickly to increases in travel request volumes.
- Flexible approach to working environment and willingness to work on at different office locations
- Ability to build a good rapport with all clients
If you believe this role is for you, please send your CV to Recruitment@reedmackay.com