London, 28th March
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF COMMERCIAL
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, the fastest growing travel and spend technology platform.
A position has become available for an experienced and highly competent individual to join the Commercial organisation as a Commercial Manager.
Focused on the delivery of Commercial solutions this role would suit an individual with a revenue management background within airline, hotel, hospitality, travel or related sectors. This person will play a lead role in the delivery and execution of the Commercial strategy – acting as project lead, developing the product and pricing approach, identifying trends and opportunities, and delivering value to the end customer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Working within Reed & Mackay’s proprietary technology as well as third party software, drive and deliver on the yield management strategy globally
- Use your experience and knowledge of the industry to stay ahead of the curve and ensure the point of sale product continues to deliver optimum value to the end customer in each point of sale
- Work closely with Commercial, Product and Client Experience to ensure the Reed & Mackay content offering remains market leading, value led and innovative to meet the needs of the end user
- Engage and build close relationships with suppliers with a view to bring mutually beneficial products to market
- Adopt an agile, proactive and dynamic approach to working with Operations, acknowledging the fast paced, ever changing pricing environment and ensuring Reed & Mackay remains competitive at all times
- As a lead Commercial stakeholder, play a key role in the delivery of system development for commercial related projects and initiatives
- Provide regular performance-based reporting to key stakeholders within the business
- Continually develop your wider understanding of external market factors, industry trends and the wider travel distribution landscape and establish yourself as the go to, subject matter expert
- Develop and maintain an effective and professional relationship with key stakeholders both internally and externally
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operational and Revenue management experience
- Agile and dynamic with the ability to make quick decisions in a time pressured environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrable ability to interpret data sources in order to identify areas of opportunities and recommend solutions
- Advanced level understanding of travel systems including GDS