London, 1st June
REPORTING TO: GLOBAL PRODUCT DIRECTOR
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
Reed & Mackay is an International company, with offices in UK, the USA, France, Germany, Dubai, India, Singapore and Australia.
The Global Product Manager plays a crucial role in its success by solving customer problems whilst being part of the Global Product Experience team.
The Global Product Manager role will focus on solving problems that are aligned to the product vision and objectives. An important part of this role will include identifying and solving problems by working with the customers, stakeholders, and relevant technical resources. The Global Product Manager will define the objectives key results and will be responsible for the team to work through concepting the ideas through to the delivery and measurement of success.
- Responsible for maintaining the product vision and managing product objectives
- Responsible for breaking down complex problems into steps that our customers value
- Responsible for ensuring our products maintain high levels of quality
- Responsible for creating and measuring key results
- Working with the relevant product and technical teams to solve customer problems
- Working with the customer and business including; Sales, Client Success, finance and marketing teams to validate ideas and plan the go-to-market strategies
- Responsible for communicating objectives and key results progress through regular checkpoints
- Understand the lifecycle of product delivery and be hands on in all aspect from ideation, product scoping and requirement, development, delivery and communication
- Understanding and ascertaining product prioritisations
- Working with the product team to conduct relevant market analysis on trends
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s products to competitors’ products
- Innovating new product ideas and/or product changes
- Promote knowledge sharing and ensure that documentation is captured and updated regularly in line with implemented changes
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Assist Global Product Manager and the product teams by acting as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding, delivering updates and assisting stakeholders
- Lead, mentor, train & support team members
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have prior experience as a Product Manager, ideally in a software environment
- Excellent client facing experience product knowledge is essential, such as e-commerce booking tools, mobile applications and/or client facing portals
- Ability to solve problems practically and deal with a variety of complex situations and translate product needs to relevant teams
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies such as Scrum
- Demonstrated excellent collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent presentation skills facilitate workshops and solution sessions
- Maturity and confidence to communicate at all levels
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
We think it’s very important that you take responsibility and drive your own personal and professional development. You will be encouraged to develop your, leadership and technical Product skills and knowledge through a combination of formal (classroom), online and “on the job” training. R&M encourage individuals to pursue professional accreditations and provide support for external exams.
R&M operate an open culture, providing the opportunity for their staff to build valuable management, business and commercial experience to complement their proven technical skill set. Team members have the opportunity to influence the Solutions strategy and take a key role in the delivery of Product across the business.
OFFICE LOCATION AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
This role will be based out of R&M’s head office which is based in London. The core UK business hours (08:30 – 18:00) however depending on client and business needs this may need to flex. As part of this role you will be required to travel for client and product meetings both nationally and internationally.
Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.