REPORTING TO: GLOBAL PRODUCT DIRECTOR
OFFICE LOCATION: LONDON (HYBRID)
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of Navan (formerly TripActions), and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
Reed & Mackay is an International company, with offices in UK, the USA, France, Germany, Dubai, India, Singapore and Australia. The Product Manager plays a crucial role in its success by solving customer problems whilst being part of the Global Product team.
The Product Manager role will focus on solving problems that are aligned to the product vision and objectives. An important part of this role will include identifying and solving problems by working with customers, stakeholders, and relevant technical resources. The Product Manager will define the objectives key results and will be responsible for the team to work through concepting the ideas through to the delivery and measurement of success.
- Gather and prioritise product requirements from customers, stakeholders and other resources.
- Develop product strategies and roadmaps that align with company goals and customer needs.
- Conduct market research to identify customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, sales, operations, marketing, support and operations.
- Manage the product development life cycle, including planning, design, development, testing and launch.
- Ensure that our products maintain high levels of quality.
- Responsible for creating and measuring key results.
- Responsible for communicating objectives and key results progress through regular
- Innovating new product ideas and/or product changes
- Promote knowledge sharing and ensure that documentation is captured and updated regularly in line with implemented changes.
- Monitor product performance and usage data to identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in product management.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding, delivering updates and assisting stakeholders.
- Lead, mentor, train & support team members.
- Develop and execute the product strategy and roadmap for a group of products within the organization.
- Lead a team of product managers, providing guidance, support, and mentorship.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, design, marketing, and sales to define product requirements and prioritize features.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify market trends, customer needs, and opportunities for product innovation.
- Define and track key product metrics and success criteria, ensuring alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Drive product development through the entire product lifecycle, from concept to launch,
including product planning, feature prioritization, and release management.
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure the successful and timely delivery of high quality products.
- Gather and analyse customer feedback, usability studies, and market research data to make informed product decisions and improvements.
- Create and maintain the Product Roadmap for your vertical.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to develop go-to-market strategies and product positioning.
- Monitor and evaluate product performance and make data-driven recommendations for product enhancements and optimizations.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape to drive product innovation and differentiation.
- Act as a spokesperson and advocate for the product internally and externally, including
presenting product updates and roadmaps to stakeholders, executives, and customers.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning, experimentation, and innovation within the product management team
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years as a Product Manager within a in a software environment.
- People management experience.
- Comfortable presenting to all levels of an organisation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of product development processes, including product planning, design, development and launch.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise tasks.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with product analytics and data analysis tools.
- Ability to solve problems practically and deal with a variety of complex situations and translate product needs to relevant teams.
- Demonstrated excellent collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent presentation skills facilitate workshops and solution sessions.
- Maturity and confidence to communicate at all levels.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
We think it’s very important that you take responsibility and drive your own personal and professional development. You will be encouraged to develop your, leadership and technical Product skills and knowledge through a combination of formal (classroom), online and “on the job” training. R&M encourage individuals to pursue professional accreditations and provide support for external exams.
R&M operate an open culture, providing the opportunity for their staff to build valuable management, business and commercial experience to complement their proven technical skill set. Team members have the opportunity to influence the Solutions strategy and take a key role in the delivery of Product across the business.
OFFICE LOCATION AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
This role will be a hybrid role, working remotely and at R&M’s head office which is based in London. The core UK business hours (08:30 – 18:00) however depending on client and business needs this may need to flex. As part of this role you will be required to travel for client and product meetings both nationally and internationally.
Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.