London, 25th January
REPORTING TO: GLOBAL BRAND AND COMMUNICATION DIRECTOR
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
This role offers a real opportunity to drive a step change to support the next stage of global growth in this very successful business. Areas of priority include building a distinctive brand in target markets – attracting both clients and future talent, owning the media space around agreed key themes, and establishing Reed & Mackay as a progressive and people first travel and event solutions business.
Reporting to the Global Brand and Communications Director, the Head of Brand Marketing will develop and nurture talent while being results-focused. You will be market aware and customer centric; constantly seeking out brand gaps and offering solutions to close them. You will bring expertise and energy to embedding brand purpose messaging internally and externally.
The Head of Brand Marketing will elevate the impact of the Reed & Mackay brand in our chosen markets, supporting our transformation towards a service-led, technology enabled company that is shaping the future of travel and event solutions. The Head of Brand Marketing will have experience in all aspects of brand management, with strong and proven capabilities in brand identity, measurement, and proposition development.
This hands-on role oversees brand strategy, messaging, positioning, and identity for the Reed & Mackay Masterbrand across corporate travel, event management and global elite, as well as our proprietary technology sub brand portfolio and international partnership of 40+ agents across the globe.
- Strategy: Build and execute, through your team of brand and communication professionals, a global brand marketing strategy using research and insights to inform positioning and messaging for key audiences
- Management: Lead, develop and inspire a team of brand and communication professionals
- Story telling: With your team, drive all corporate communications, PR, and brand-led campaigns across wholly owned markets, creating a buzz around the Reed & Mackay name that attracts new clients and new talent
- Purpose-led: Lead Reed & Mackay’s Corporate Social Responsibility narrative, driving brand-led initiatives with a focus on sustainability, well-being and DEI, working with teams across the organisation to embed purpose led brand messaging
- Internal communication: Lead the internal communication strategy and articulation of the employee value proposition, partnering with the technology team to deliver effective internal marketing platforms with measured engagement
- Brand-led campaigns: Make recommendations and execute multi-channel brand-led campaigns that support the business strategy and brand ambition
- Employer of Choice: Position Reed & Mackay as the corporate travel and event management employer of choice, shining a light on our people first culture and closing the gap between the external brand perception and the values that we live and breathe
- Advocate: Foster a team of brand ambassadors that help develop and protect the Reed & Mackay culture
- Protect and elevate: Manage all aspects of brand guidelines and work across the broader marketing function and wider business to ensure compliance and consistency. Elevate the creative application of R&M’s brand identity across all external channels and assets, telling a clear story and putting the brand value front of mind for buyers and employees alike
- Performance: Define and own brand performance metrics (awareness, relevance, consideration, preference etc) and develop strategies to support this data and uncover actionable insights that drive in-market brand programs
- Budget: Manage the brand marketing budget, reporting budget tracking and ROI to the Global Brand and Communications Director
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven skills in leading brand strategy, including identifying the right brand partnerships to drive collaboration and growth while protecting reputation
- Strategic and critical thinking – exhibits strong levels of insight and has a reputation as a forward thinker. Translates broad corporate strategies into clear, actionable objectives for the team to execute on
- Collaborative, hands on, and influential brand leader –instils confidence among stakeholders; proven leadership and coaching experience that fosters an environment of inclusion, problem solving, and attracts and retains superior talent.
- Cultural alignment – unwavering ethical standards; drives excellence and innately collaborative.
- Has the gravitas to appropriately influence both internally amongst peers and as a leader in the external market.
- Innovative –inquisitive, challenges status quo, thinks outside the box. Operates with a sense of urgency.
- Global agility – works effectively across cultures and R&M businesses to establish relationships adapting style and approach as needed. Comfortable navigating ambiguity.
- Superb written, digital, and verbal communication skills; ability to bring disparate audiences together around an inspiring story and compelling messages.
- Deep experience managing operational and marketing plans for international brands. • Experience managing agencies to drive game changing results within budget.
- Resilient – comfortable and confident through change management.
Responsible for compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.