London, 25th January
REPORTING TO: GLOBAL BRAND AND COMMUNICATION DIRECTOR
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
Reporting to the Global Brand and Communications Director, we’re looking for a creative and data-driven product marketing leader to take our product marketing function to the next level.
You will play an instrumental role as the expert on our users, our new capabilities, and our market value as we enable our client success, sales and marketing teams to drive awareness around the globe. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a high growth environment with a customer-first mindset. You combine strategic thinking with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. With a positive can-do mind set, you inspire your team, and colleagues across the business. You’re collaborative, flexible, open-minded and have a passion for the role that technology plays in driving extraordinary service for corporate travel and events.
The Head of Product Marketing will develop and nurture talent while being results-focused. Market aware and customer centric you will elevate our product and service story across the globe, supporting our transformation towards a service-led and technology enabled company that is shaping the future of travel and event solutions. The Head of Product Marketing will have experience in all aspects of product marketing, with strong and proven capabilities in GTM, messaging, competitor intelligence, digital first strategies, CRM strategy, VOC programmes, sales enablement, measurement, and proposition development.
- Strategy: Build and execute in partnership with your team, a product marketing strategy to elevate Reed & Mackay’s position on the global stage and directly influence retention and growth
- Management: Lead, develop and inspire a team of customer centric product marketers
- Value Proposition: Be an expert on our clients’ challenges and the role of our products and solutions in solving them. Develop a deep understanding of market needs and trends, and how we should position ourselves across verticals and geos to be the undisputed service leader for corporate travel and events
- Product Champion: Inform the overall marketing strategy with valuable product marketing intelligence and data insights. Lead continued efforts to deeply understand the profile of our core users and the ways in which our products can bring ease, efficiency and the wow factor to their travel and event management experience – what do they care about and what drives them to buy and renew
- Content Strategy: Align the content strategy with the needs of our clients, positioning R&M as an invaluable partner and winning hearts and minds across our client’s businesses
- GTM: Partner closely with the product, sales, growth marketing and brand marketing teams, helping to shape the roadmap through competitive insight, product positioning and execution of key launches that will accelerate our growth and drive user delight
- Customer Research: Build detailed persona’s, bringing these to life across the business and gaining a deep understanding of the markets we serve to help inform sales and marketing activities
- Competitor Intelligence: Manage and drive interaction with competitor intelligence, using an informed view to support new product development, pricing strategies and marketing tactics
- Product Messaging: Use market intelligence, customer research and competitor intelligence to develop product positioning and messaging, including benefit-led differentiators that resonate across our chosen verticals, geos and personas.
- Promotion: Collaborate with your partners on the marketing team to develop campaigns that drive internal awareness of our products and carry product messages to market (e.g., webinars, digital, live events, videos) to generate pipeline and customer adoption
- Sales enablement: Build out our library of enablement assets, arming our sales and client success teams with tools that speed up sales cycles and secure retention rates
- CRM strategy: Support Global Brand and Communications Director in delivering the CRM strategy with core focus on achieving one view of the client
- Client advocacy: Drive the customer advocacy programme, including referrals, testimonials, references, case studies and logo rights, identifying key customers to support speaking opportunities etc.
- Measurement: Support the Global Brand and Communications Director in scoping, designing, and delivering Net Promoter and Client Satisfaction scoring across the global business, running regular surveys to drive change and align service and product roadmaps with client-need
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strategic and critical thinking – exhibits strong levels of insight and has a reputation as a forward thinker. Translates broad corporate strategies into clear, actionable objectives for the team to execute on.
- Leads change with energy and resilience to propel the business forward
- Collaborative, hands on, and influential leader – persuasive yet instils confidence among stakeholders; proven leadership and coaching experience that fosters an environment of inclusion, problem solving, and attracts and retains superior talent.
- Cultural alignment – unwavering ethical standards; drives excellence and innately collaborative. • Has the gravitas to appropriately influence both internally and as a leader in the external market.
- Innovative –inquisitive, challenges status quo, thinks outside the box. Operates with a sense of urgency. • Global agility – works effectively across cultures and R&M businesses to establish relationships adapting style and approach as needed, comfortable navigating ambiguity. • Superb written, digital, and verbal communication skills
- Digital marketing expert that proactively stays on top of the latest trends and has proven experience managing agencies in this space
Responsible for compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.