London, Farringdon 19th November
REPORTING TO: GENERAL COUNSEL
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a commercially astute solicitor or employed barrister, with broad ranging experience to join this small but fast paced and exciting Corporate Travel Management Company’s legal team.
The position would suit a lawyer with a minimum of 1 years’ PQE who hopes to progress their career in a broad commercial legal role, ideally including travel industry experience or an interest in the travel industry, and commercial contracts experience, who is looking for the next step in their career or a change in career direction. Salary is dependent on individual experience. Broadly commercial in scope, the candidate will support the business with a range of commercial contracts and agreements, as well as supporting the legal team with various regulatory and transactional matters.
Will draft, review and negotiate various contracts, including NDA’s master service agreements, supplier agreements, IT contracts, addendums and renewals and templates. Leading client-facing negotiations, explaining standard agreement terms to counter parties and negotiating positions to those terms. Final closure on agreements, including obtaining required approvals, creating final agreements, and managing their delivery and execution.
Assist with advice on regulatory and compliance matters relating to travel, including with GDPR, and due diligence on various ventures. Also advising the business on any upcoming developments to the legal or regulatory landscape.
Assist the team’s global offices with a range of matters.
The newly appointed Legal Counsel would report into the General Counsel. Most legal work is kept in house so the successful candidate will draft, review, and negotiate on a wide variety of documents across the business including supplier and service agreements and customer agreements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Commercial exposure
- Willingness to hit the ground running
- Ability to understand complex areas of legal work
- Ability to work collaboratively
- An understanding of client’s needs
- Experience in software, IP licensing and commercial contracts
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts internationally
- Ability to effectively communicate and translate legal matters and risks into actionable guidance in simpler terms
- Pragmatic approach to legal and business problems
- Ability to effectively manage own priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence and calmness under pressure
- Other language skills (such as any major European language) would be beneficial
- Any levels of experience will be considered for the right candidate, but we would expect the skills and abilities equivalent to a lawyer with at least 1 years PQE as a commercial legal counsel
- There may be some limited travel
- Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies
If you believe this role is for you, please send your CV to Recruitment@reedmackay.com