REPORTING TO: IT INFRASTUCTURE MANAGER
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
Reed & Mackay employs 700+ people and we have sites at Colchester, Aberdeen along with several client sites in Central London. We are currently rapidly expanding internationally, with offices having opened over the last few years in Dubai, the USA, France, Germany, Singapore, India and Australia.
This is an exciting time for the business and the IT Department plays a crucial role in its success by delivering cutting edge technology to our end users and clients. As part of our Technology Strategy, we are embarking on the Cloud journey and have adopted Microsoft Azure to host our proprietary technology applications.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As an integral member of the IT Operations team, monitor, manage, maintain and develop Reed & Mackay’s IT Infrastructure and Systems with a focus on Office 365 and associated technologies, across all sites and locations in the UK and overseas.
- Manage and maintain the Office 365 infrastructure focusing on Email (Exchange), TEAMS and SharePoint tenancy across all sites and locations globally.
- Management and responsibility of infrastructure used to support Office 365 such as Azure AD connect, ADFS, conditional access policies, MFA, app policies, endpoint manager.
- Migrate functions to Azure PaaS and SaaS and reduce the need for IaaS windows servers, such as ADFS to Azure AD enterprise applications.
- Drive opportunities of improvement from useability to security posture, exploring options such as multi-geo.
- Knowledge sharing with information security, infrastructure and IT Management functions helping them to understand the Office 365 management tools beyond the admin centre.
- Management of Exchange, with strong understanding of email technologies such as journaling, DMARC, DKIM etc
- Management of TEAMS, continuously driving adoption of the platform and ensuring it is implemented to best practice.
- Management and maintenance of SharePoint and departmental drives assisting in the adoption of SharePoint as we move away from shared drives.
- Management of OneDrive ensuring users have access to their personal documents and assisting the service desk where needed.
- Collaborate with Trip Actions reviewing and advising best practice collaboration with Google Workspace. Seek integration opportunities.
- Establish backup/BCM plan for SharePoint data.
- Manage Mimecast email security gateway looking for opportunities for improvement and adoption of additional features.
- Monitor and maintain the security, performance and integrity of the Office 365 infrastructure. Submit changes via the Change Advisory Board.
- Work with external suppliers, consultants and service providers, representing Reed & Mackay’s interest at all times.
- Deliver solutions and proactively resolve issues to further Reed & Mackay’s strategic vision in line with the IT Change Management Process.
- Maintain our ISO:27001 (Information Security), ISO:22301 (Business Continuity), ISO:9001 (QMS) and PCI (Payment Card Protection) accreditations. Ensure that audit requirements are met, and remediation activities are promptly carried out.
- Support the service desk with 2nd-3rd line escalations and help train and mentor teammates to enable cross-skilling.
- Promote knowledge sharing and ensure that documentation is captured and updated regularly in line with implemented changes.
- Work to ITIL best practices to manage problems and ensure that root cause analysis is carried out to prevent future incidents.
- Participate in rolling BCP Programme by providing support, testing, and enhancing the BCP Process.
- Carry out vulnerability scans and liaise with 3rd party consultancy to conduct internal and external penetration system testing. Ensure that remediation is carried out promptly according to recommendations and industry best practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Methodical thinker with excellent attention to detail and a desire to achieve a thorough understanding of the environment/systems/problems. Prefers comprehensive solutions to quick fixes and shortcuts.
- Thrives in a structured environment and advocates the importance of knowledge management and knowledge sharing.
- Strong team player, keen to support and mentor team members and open to learn from others.
- Drives continuous improvement internally and achieves and maintains externally recognised standards for excellence.
- Mature and confident with excellent communication skills to engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Commercial understanding with the ability to prioritise, analyse and resolve issues under pressure
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Office 365 (Especially Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive)
- Microsoft Azure SaaS, PaaS and IaaS – especially experience with migrating to cloud services. Including but not limited to – Azure AD, MFA, Conditional Access Policies, Endpoint Manager.
- Mimecast email security gateway – mail continuity and archival
- Active Directory and GPO administration
- Certificate and DNS management
- Windows Server 2012 – 2019 (incl. DNS, DHCP, DFS, IIS, PowerShell etc.)
- ITIL processes incl. Incident, Problem and Change Management
- SCCM 2012
- Monitoring Solutions (Solarwinds, SCOM etc)
- SIEM (LogRhythm)
- Backup solutions (Unitrends, Azure)
OTHER RELEVANT SKILLS:
Networking & Telephony
- MPLS, Routing, VPN, SDWAN
- Firewall Management (Checkpoint)
- Cisco (3750x, 2960 etc) Juniper (EX2300 and EX3400)
- Cisco Meraki Wi-Fi, switches and security appliances
- Telephony (Avaya CM or similar)
- Servers and storage technologies incl. NAS, RAID, iSCSI, SAN
- VMWare Management – VMWare ESxi 6.5 and above
- Remote Desktop Services 2008 – 2019
- Endpoint Security (Microsoft System Centre Endpoint Protection or similar)
- SQL Server 2008-2019
- Carbon Black/Crowdstrike EDR
- Patch my PC
- NIST/STIG hardening guidance
- DLP, SWG, CASB solutions
- ITSM – Service Now
- Vulnerability scanning and Pen Testing Remediation
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery technologies and strategies
- Educated to HND/Degree in IT discipline
- MCP’s, MCSE – Particularly those focused on Office 365/Azure
- ITIL v3 or 2013
If you believe this role is for you, please send your CV to Recruitment@reedmackay.com