REPORTING TO: NAVAN PRO TEAM LEAD
Reed & Mackay, a Strategic Travel Management and Services Company leads its field by attracting, developing, and retaining the most talented people within the industry.
Reed & Mackay has an enviable reputation for exceptional service which is delivered through placing innovative technology (exclusively available to Reed & Mackay) in the hands of outstanding people.
The role of a Navan Pro Out of Hours Consultant is to provide operational contiguity and seamless service to our clients outside of normal office hours. The Out of Hours team continue to deliver a full-service, ‘high-touch’ solution that assists travellers in any situation outside of standard office hours, saving them time and inconvenience, whilst driving down their total cost of travel.
- Provide a consistently high level of service to all clients with a desire to exceed client expectations
- Effectively manage your workload to meet deadlines, and assume responsibility/ownership for the end-to-end fulfilment and support of any booking or request
- Demonstrate proactive thinking and provide a consultative approach, delivering an end-to-end solution
- Exhibit the ability to self-manage the daily work, while working alone, as well as within the global team
- Resourcefulness and problem solving skills in order to obtain insight, data, information from multiple and disparate sources
- To constantly be vigilant for any possible abnormal booking requests, in line with the R&M fraud prevention procedure.
- Apply Quality Control procedures and processes in line with ISO27001 (data security certification) and PCI compliance
- To monitor global news feeds and risk management alerting to ensure we provide accurate and timely travel advice for our clients outside of normal office hours
PRODUCT, KNOWLEDGE AND OPTIMISED VALUED:
- Can ‘think outside the box’ at any hour of the day or night as required to provide a seamless service to clients.
- Utilise all available systems and resources to enhance the traveller experience
- Ensure communication, both written and verbal, is professional, efficient and exceeds company/client performance expectations
- Handle any client complaints/issues in a professional manner and ensure the dedicated team and/or relevant department heads are updated appropriately
- Ensure full awareness of the responsibilities and procedures of other departments and/or offices within R&M.
- Exceed client’s expectation at all times
- Identify and implement opportunities to add value to each booking
- Ability to apply a variety of fare types and ticketing methods, whilst maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of industry innovations (e.g. airline direct connect)
- Working with IFD (International Fares Desk) to proactively identify cross market and local inventory differences
- Procure the best hotel rates for clients utilising GDS and non GDS channels, as well as leveraging supplier relationships to gain the best result
- Strong airfares knowledge. Offer and secure lower cost options through creative ticketing, combination ticketing and/or optional net fare opportunities.
- In-depth, expert knowledge of Sabre, to include (but not limited to): manual fare construction, ticketing, and exchanges/reissues.
- Fully conversant with client specific travel policies, preferred supplier programmes, VIP, and High Priority Travellers, and knowledgeable as to where to find the information.
- Have an enthusiastic and willing to learn attitude, attending all relevant training / coaching as required
- Proactively identify and implement enhancements to improve processes of the department and its ability to deliver in a timely and efficient manner
- Achieve individual and team-based objectives through the annual Performance Development Review (PDR)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Exceptional telephone manner and written skills
- Experience in using MS software packages
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to clearly articulate the latest travel advice both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate ability to make effective use of available resources to complete tasks to agreed deadlines
- A proven record of experience in a core business travel environment
- Full understanding of iQ and Navan Pro technology
- Sabre GDS
- Ticketing, Exchanges, Fare Construction
- Strong knowledge of the travel industry, Geographical locations, and products in the marketplace
- Have a ‘team player’ approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to build a good rapport with all departments within Reed & Mackay
Local/country Federal Holidays/Bank Holidays are expected to be worked if within the current shift rotation. PTO will not be granted on these holidays (Federal Holidays/Bank Holidays are added at beginning of the year to annual PTO allowance).