London and Colchester, 1st June
REPORTING TO: GLOBAL PRODUCT DIRECTOR
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
We are looking for a technically minded individual to join our vibrant team to engage with our business to offer hands on support of our industry leading travel agent reservations system and email management platform.
This role is part of our wider software development function. The Product Support team will interact mainly with the Reed & Mackay Operational, Client Success, Finance and Development teams.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the wider team where applicable
- Communicate to the business any system updates and advice.
- Log the description and resolution of all support calls using help desk software
- Escalate incidents to 3rd party providers, as required, including Front, Sabre GDS, airlines, hotels and other suppliers.
- Once escalated- work closely with 3rd party providers to reach a satisfactory resolution and communicate the outcome.
- Drive self sufficiency to help reduce reliance on support team
- Actively work with the project development team(s) on future system requirements and process driven improvements
- Work with Reed & Mackay’s development team and external suppliers in identifying, testing and implementing workflow enhancements.
- Work with and provide assistance to Product Managers in each market on a variety of technical queries
- Manage system configuration including Front users and mailboxes, IQ user profiles and data management
- Manage Sabre administration for individual users and office locations.
- The set-up and administration of Sabre PCCs
- Main point of contact for 3rd Party GDS (Sabre, Amadeus and Travelport) set-up, questions and troubleshooting.
- Own the set-up and administration of PNR acquisition for both R&M Partner network and 3rd Party suppliers such as ISOS, Worldaware and others
- Participation in IQ Champion meetings and own action items.
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to keep up to date with core learning/development skills and knowledge.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience providing support for GDS, booking tools or other platforms
- Experience of trouble shooting technical issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience in Business Travel, preferably as a consultant or in a Learning and Development function
- Proven track record with Sabre is desirable
- PC skills – MS Office packages.
- Ability to analyse and resolve challenges under pressure
- Ability to motivate others to learn
- Willing to embrace new challenges
- Ability to listen and show patience
- Maturity and confidence to communicate at all levels.
- Willingness to travel to international offices as required
- Work as part of a team to resolve technical issues
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
We think it’s very important that you take responsibility and drive your own personal and professional development. You will be encouraged to develop your, leadership and technical Product skills and knowledge through a combination of formal (classroom), online and “on the job” training. R&M encourage individuals to pursue professional accreditations and provide support for external exams.
R&M operate an open culture, providing the opportunity for their staff to build valuable management, business and commercial experience to complement their proven technical skill set. Team members have the opportunity to influence the Solutions strategy and take a key role in the delivery of Product across the business.
Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.