London, 22nd September
REPORTING TO: GLOBAL HEAD OF PRODUCT SUPPORT
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
The Product Support Team Lead role will join a team of product experts leading support and maintenance for clients using Reed & Mackay proprietary technology and 3rd party online booking tools. You will help build a self-motivating team where people take ownership of problems, see them through to resolution. Where all Service Level Agreements are upheld and surpassed whilst maintaining the quality of responses. Below is a list of the platforms the Product Support provide support and maintenance for:
- R&M/Portal – Portal that allows our customers to manage profiles, invoices and view trip information
- R&M/Protect – Traveller Tracking and Destination Intelligence
- R&M/Book – Self-booking tool
- R&M/Mobile – Mobile App that allows our customers to view their itineraries (with real time updates) and make reservations whilst they are on the move
- R&M/Approve – Approval tool
- Concur Travel & Expense – 3rd Party Self-booking Tool and Expense platform that is used by many of the R&M client base
- Trainline – UK rail booking tool
- Evolvi – UK rail booking tool
- Manage the day to day running of part of the Product Support team providing support for R&M proprietary technology and 3rd Party Self-booking tools including but not limited to Concur, Trainline and Evolvi.
- Lead advisory calls with clients to offer the best solutions to their requirements
- Maintain existing sites including policy updates, configuration changes, messaging and so forth.
- Work with the Global Head of Product Support to set department and individual objectives, conduct regular performance reviews, annual appraisals.
- Have input on recruitment process by assisting with interviews with Global Head of Product Support
- Be the first point of escalation for development work items and client enquiries.
- Escalate, log and regularly review site issues up to point of resolution.
- Ensure that the Product Support team provides a proactive, efficient and mature service to the organisation globally.
- Lead, mentor, train & support team members.
- With the wider Product team, work to ensure the right work is prioritised and allocated to development sprints and the backlog is maintained.
- Actively work with the product development team(s) on future system requirements and process driven improvements
- Log all client enquires using help desk software to ensure trends can be analysed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven experience in business travel with an understanding of the industry.
- Excellent client facing product experience is essential, including client portals and online booking tools.
- Deep technical knowledge of online booking tools, including server logs, third party case management and APIs.
- People management and team building experience is essential in this role
- A strong team player with the dexterity to support colleagues and clients across a multitude of support queries and products
- Inquisitive with the ability to use own initiative to solve problems in a methodical manner
- Ability to gather user requirements and work on own initiative to produce innovative solutions.
- An excellent communicator who makes the complex look simple
- Integrity will be important to you – open, honest and direct – with the ability to fit well within the company’s continuing desire to maintain values in developing culture and where all are treated with respect
- Clear communicator, able to articulate key messages to a diverse audience
- Maturity and confidence to communicate at all levels
- Highly organised and efficient individual with a keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of Sabre GDS
- Good written English
- MS office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.