REPORTING TO: VP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT US
OFFICE LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraodinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the Navan, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
This Senior Manager-Business Development role is responsible for all activities tied to the sales cycle including prospecting, lead qualification, strategy, proposal/RFP responses, contracting and implementation. Based in NYC (hybrid), the role will pro-actively raise the profile of Reed & Mackay in the corporate travel sector across the US and will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives in the market.
In this role you will be tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound outreach. You will maintain a thorough understanding of R&M’s services, technology, and value proposition and be able to design and deliver a comprehensive sales strategy and solution to engage prospects and secure new customers.
We are looking for an excited highly self-motivated candidate who is ready to excel in a high-growth environment. The ideal candidate is confident, and competitive, can adapt quickly, listen intently, and work equally as hard on their own or as part of the team. You work well under pressure, think outside the box, and can initiate informative and engaging conversations with prospects and internal teams alike.
This is a field-based role, (travel may be required) covering defined verticals and territories. Due to the nature of this role, it is essential that you are self-disciplined and a self-starter who is passionate about delivering above and beyond. You must also be able to demonstrate motivation and drive, to secure deals and exceed targets in a highly competitive landscape.
- Generate new business opportunities within the identified target client sectors/regions
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities through proactive prospecting, networking, and lead generation activities in order to build a pipeline, identify, qualify, and close deals
- Manage the sales process; develop a winning sales strategy and; coordinate R&M bid response with a multi-disciplinary team
- Plan and carry out sales activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes, and timescales
- Develop and nurture strategic relationships; identify and qualify prospects; apply knowledge to strategic value proposition development
- Comfortable selling in various industry verticals and in multi-national/multi-cultural environment
- Able to develop global value propositions for prospects, presenting solutions and value propositions to senior level executives
- Manage the client RFP processes, through rigorous understanding of the TMC ROI
- Develop and maintain sales records through Salesforce including logging sales meetings, sales calls, new sales, closed sales, follow-up activities, opportunities etc.
- Develop and maintain a clear pipeline and accurate forecasting
- Collaborate cross functionally to support business and organizational development
- Represent R&M in the marketplace- driving market presence and participating in activities that increase R&M brand awareness ie attending events, trade shows and conferences
- Provide feedback from field experience to internal teams and sales colleagues with regards to client needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skill
SKILL & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Travel Management experience with a deep understanding of the travel industry
- Consistent and proven record of target overachievement in a sales environment
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and nurturing new business opportunities and managing the entire sales lifecycle
- Ability to develop strong and strategic relationships across every level of an organization and act as a trusted advisor
- Results orientated to achieve aggressive sales targets
- Confident and articulate written / verbal communicator with the ability to clearly communication the R&M value proposition and key differentiators
- Experienced in using a consultative sales approach
- Ability to influence and negotiate at CFO/CPO level to close sales opportunities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of legal, finance, insurance and professional service sector is a plus
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office is essential with Salesforce knowledge an advantage
APTITUDE & PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Highly motivated, a ‘doer’ approach and a sales hunter mentality
- Analytical problem solving & decision-making
- Strong business acumen and market awareness
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers alike
- Highly organized and efficient- able to prioritize tasks to secure sales deals in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, engaged, and coachable- taking ownership of your work, following through, being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement
- Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programs and policies
Reed & Mackay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics, and any other federal, state, or local protected class.