London, 11th October
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF COMMERCIAL
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
A position has become available for an experienced and competent individual to join Reed & Mackay as a Senior Commercial Manager.
Focused on the delivery of strategic commercial initiatives & solutions, this role would suit an individual with a high level of commercial acumen and a background within TMC, airline, hotel, hospitality, travel, or related sectors.
- As a lead Commercial stakeholder, play a key role in the delivery of commercial objectives across the R&M Group
- Build positive relationships with colleagues across the Group to shape and influence commercial decisions, driving outcomes that support our strategic priorities and balance customer, commercial and supplier outcomes
- Derive new insights from multiple data points and translate them into breakthrough opportunities & compelling cases for action
- Use your excellent communication skills to successfully influence improved commercial outcomes based on insight
- Leverage the strength of Reed & Mackay’s proprietary technology as well as third party software to drive and deliver on the commercial strategy globally
- Use your experience and knowledge of the industry to stay ahead of the curve, driving innovation both internally and externally with partners
- Engage and build close relationships with suppliers with a view to bring mutually beneficial products to market
- Provide regular performance-based commercial reporting to key stakeholders within the business
- Continually develop your wider understanding of external market factors, industry trends and the wider travel landscape
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- High level of commercial acumen
- Solid understanding of profit and loss drivers within a travel environment
- Proven project/time management skills
- Agile and dynamic with the ability to make quick decisions in a time pressured environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrable ability to interpret data sources in order to identify areas of opportunities and recommend solutions
- Advanced level understanding of Excel essential, Tableau experience desirable
Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.