REPORTING TO: UK SALES DIRECTOR
LOCATION: Remote or Hybrid (Aberdeen)
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of Navan (formerly TripActions), and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
This is a field-based role, covering defined verticals and territories, primarily focused in Scotland. Due to the nature of this role, it is essential that you are self-disciplined and a self-starter. You must also be able to demonstrate motivation and drive, to secure deals and exceed targets through the signature of profitable accounts.
- Create leads from your own prospecting efforts, leveraging your contacts, existing accounts, marketing, SDR team and partners in order to build a pipeline, to qualify and identify deals that you can close
- Generate new business opportunities within the identified target client sectors
- Plan and carry out sales activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes and timescales
- Create and maintain positive client relationships to build business
- Presenting solution and value led propositions at Board level
- Negotiating P&L based management fee solutions
- Establish and compile intelligence on customer applications and competitor intelligence
- Manage client RFP bid processes, through rigorous understanding of the Business Travel ROI
- Develop and maintain sales records through Sales Force CRM system of sales meetings, sales calls, new sales, closed sales, follow-up activities, opportunities etc.
- Develop and maintain a clear pipeline, accurate close dates and clear grasp of forecasting
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties, aid business and organisational development
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skill
CORE SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Proven Travel Management experience and ability to draw on examples of account growth
- Proficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Experience with Salesforce would be an advantage.
- Excellent business development skills – ability to identify up sell opportunities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good business acumen and commercial awareness
- Credible in dealing at board level and an empathetic communicator
- Effective influencing skills.
- Ability to direct client decision making
- Must have a proven track record in growing accounts and winning new business
- Knowledge of oil and gas, legal, finance, insurance and professional service sector is an advantage
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Highly motivated, a ‘doer’ approach and a real sales hunter mentality (action orientated)
- Analytical Problem Solving & Decision-Making (consultative)
- Strong business sense, market awareness (business acumen)
- The ability to create confidence amongst peers and can act as a trusted advisor (integrity & trust)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers alike (positive people skills)
- Strong interpersonal skills and use communication methods effectively (interpersonal savvy)
- The capability to influence and negotiate at CFO/CPO level to close sales opportunities (negotiating)
- Efficiently able to coordinate resources to support your sales activities (organisational agility)
- Highly organised to prioritise tasks in order to secure sales deals (organising)
- ‘Laser –focused’ and commitment to deliver against sales targets (perseverance)
- Energetic, inspiring and the ability to gain credibility when presenting to customers (presentation skills)
- Result driven and the desire to enhance your career within a well-established, international and yet rapidly expanding software company (drive for results)
- Sharing Sport values (team player, enthusiasm, positive behaviour, winning mentality)
- Regularly display examples of going the extra mile to succeed (commitment to deliver excellence)