London, 23rd September
REPORTING TO: GLOBAL HEAD OF PRODUCT SUPPORT
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology, online and offline booking and travel management. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
Reed & Mackay is an International company, with offices in UK, the USA, France, Germany, Dubai, India, Singapore and Australia.
The Senior Product Designer plays a crucial role in the success of the Global Product Experience teams.
The Senior Product Designer will produce, oversee and contribute to every stage of the digital
product creation and function for the Product team at Reed & Mackay. You will be responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative designs for the digital products.
You will work closely with the Product Managers and key product stakeholder throughout the
business across to ensure that customer problems are solved as part of the global vision and work together concepting the ideas through to successful delivery.
- Responsible for producing sector leading product designs whilst maintaining the product vision and ensuring the product objectives are being met
- Create wireframes and translate them into simple, easy-to-use User Interfaces
- Translate product vision and market positioning into effective designs
- Work with the Product team and in-house developers to ensure aesthetics also are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards
- Work with developers to ensure that the product vision is implemented with consistency and integrity
- Work with our branding team to ensure consistency of brand and design across digital customer touchpoints
- Confidently use and interpret heatmapping and anyalitics data in order to improve the user experience
- Promote knowledge sharing and ensure that documentation is captured and updated regularly in line with implemented changes
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Assists global product teams by acting as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding, delivering updates and assisting team member
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have 4+ years experience as a Product Designer in a commercial software environment who wishes to progress into a senior role
- Must have high work standards in all UI designs and understand users interactions
- Demonstrated excellent understanding of the users and their usability
- Demonstrated excellent communication, collaboration, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to mentor, lead and guide others
- Demonstrated excellent decision making
- Must be able to work well as an individual and as a team player
- Must be able to work across various team disciplines
- Must be able to prioritise workload effectively to meet deadlines
- Experience working with agile software development methodologies such as Scrum
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
We think it’s essential that you take responsibility and drive your own personal and professional development. You will be encouraged to develop your leadership and technical Product skills and knowledge through a combination of formal (classroom), online and “on-the-job” training. R&M encourage individuals to pursue professional accreditations and provide support for external exams.
R&M operate an open culture, providing the opportunity for their staff to build valuable management, business and commercial experience to complement their proven technical skill set. Team members have the opportunity to influence the Solutions strategy and take a key role in the delivery of the products across the business.
OFFICE LOCATION AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
This role will be a hybrid role, working remotely and at R&M’s head office which is based in London near Farringdon with excellent tube and rail links. The core UK business hours (08:30 – 18:00) however depending on client and business needs this may need to flex. As part of this role you will be required to travel for client and product meetings both nationally and internationally.
Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.