REPORTING TO: HEAD OF TECHNICAL SERVICES
OFFICE LOCATION: BARCELONA, SPAIN
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the Navan Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
Reed & Mackay employs 1200+ people and we have sites In the UK we have several sites including a head office and several client sites in London, we have sites in Colchester, Aberdeen, and Newport.
In Europe our other locations include Spain, France, Germany, Sweden, and UAE. We also have three sites in the US – New York, Philadelphia, and Chicago. As well as Singapore, Australia, and India within the APAC region.
Alongside the extraordinary service provided to our clients, Reed & Mackay uses technology as a key differentiator in the corporate travel industry by capitalising on our in-house developed applications. This is an exciting time for the business and the Technical Services Team is a key enabler in its success.
OVERALL, PURPOSE OF ROLE:
As an integral member of the Technical Services Team, further the vision and goals of R&M by providing outstanding IT support to all staff across all sites and locations in your local site and overseas.
- Ensure that all IT Support queries are logged in the IT Service Management tool, and they are prioritised and resolved according to the agreed SLA.
- Provide first and second line IT support to R&M staff.
- Work to ITIL and industry standards in meeting the internal Service Level Agreement and supporting the continual improvement of the Technical Services function.
- Work closely with the Infrastructure, Development and Application Support Teams as well as third party service providers as required.
- Administer the Avaya telephone system.
- Follow R&M policies processes and procedures to maintain our ISO:27001 (Information Security), ISO:22301 (Business Continuity), ISO:9001 (QMS) and PCI (Payment Card Protection) accreditations. Ensure that audit requirements are met, and remediation activities are promptly carried out.
- Promote knowledge sharing and ensure that documentation is captured and updated regularly in line with implemented changes.
- Ensure that the asset management system is up-to-date, accurate and records complete.
- Process new starters, staff changes and leavers in accordance with documented user lifecycle procedures.
- Perform designated daily, weekly, and monthly operational checks to maintain maximum system availability to all users.
- Ensure that IT Stock is tracked and replenished as required.
- Take an active role in IT infrastructure enhancements as part of a continual investment plan to provide robust and innovative solutions to R&M staff and clients.
- Administer Active Directory and ensure that its structure and integrity is maintained.
- Assist with home installs, provide support at remote/client sites, and develop self-help guides and documentation for the IT portal.
- Administer mobile devices and R&M’s mobile device management platform.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Multi-Lingual – English and Spanish to a high level Essential with French also preferred.
- Strong team player, keen to support peers and open to learn from anyone, regardless of seniority.
- Able to analyse and resolve issues under pressure.
- Courteous, proactive, and able to work with a diverse user base with varying degrees of technical understanding.
- Customer centric and empathetic with the ability to anticipate user needs.
- Friendly and confident with excellent communication skills to engage stakeholders at all levels.
- To be able to manage and progress assigned projects to successful completion.
- Manage stock levels and carry out procurement to maintain this.
- Commercial understanding with the ability to prioritise incidents and requests.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Windows 10
- Avaya telephony
- Active Directory administration /Azure AD
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Teams
- Office 365
- Remote Desktop Services / Virtual Desktops
- Windows Server 2012 – 2016
- Aware of ITIL processes incl. Incident and Problem Management, Change Management and Continual Service Improvement
- Desktop / Laptop builds using imaging tools / SCCM.
EXPOSURE TO THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGIES WILL ALSO BE ADVANTAGEOUS
- Service Now / Service Management / ITSM
- Microsoft Azure
- SharePoint / OneDrive
- Mobile Device Management
- Email Security Gateway
- Web Security Gateway
- Sabre / Amadeus GDS
- Travel and Event tooling
- Router Management / Troubleshooting
- LogMeIn / other remote management tools
- MFA exposure
- Password reset tools / Microsoft SSPR
- VPN exposure
- Access control
- Printer Management
- AV / Meeting Room Management
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven experience in a commercial IT Support role
- Microsoft, CompTIA or ITIL qualifications would be advantageous.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
We think it’s very important that you take responsibility and drive your own personal and professional development. You will be encouraged to develop your technical IT skills and knowledge through a combination of formal (classroom), online and “on the job” training. R&M encourage individuals to pursue professional accreditations and provide support for external exams.
R&M operate an open culture, providing the opportunity for their staff to build valuable management, business, and commercial experience to complement their proven technical skill set. Team members can influence the IT strategy and take a key role in the delivery of IT solutions across the business.
WORKING HOURS AND TRAVEL:
The Technical Services team covers core business hours (08:00 – 18:00) This may vary market to market, and you will be expected to work a shift within business hours based on local requirements. Occasional UK and international travel may be required.