REPORTING TO: TEAM LEADER, EVENTS UK
As an international team of award-winning event management experts, we combine creative flare with logistical expertise and deliver client-led technology, all of which produces outstanding and all-encompassing event management solutions.
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology.
Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forward, while ensuring we’re everything our clients need today.
In May 2021, Reed & Mackay became part of the Navan Group and, together, we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
As a result of continued growth, we are expanding our events team. In return for your energy, enthusiasm and hard work, Reed & Mackay offers a rewarding career, a friendly working culture, with excellent development opportunities and a strong benefits package.
We have ambitious growth plans and you will be an integral part of those plans, supporting clients to create the best events possible.
- To deliver all the venue find requirements to existing and new client accounts and be a trusted advisor to clients within this specialist area
- To provide the highest possible level of personal venue finding service to key clients
- To forge and develop relationships across all areas of Reed & Mackay sharing best in class market knowledge of meeting facilities and providers and thus supporting clients key objectives in meeting arranging
- To ensure maximum revenue generation in all areas of Reed & Mackay Events whilst always ensuring significant return on investment to the client
- To maximise client revenue through up selling and promotion of Reed & Mackay Event services.
- To be continually aware of the departmental targets and client income
- To ensure cancellations are managed in line with the company’s standards and procedures
- To maximise all income opportunities and to be actively aware of commission rates, preferred partners securing and negotiating enhanced levels wherever possible
- To undertake face to face meetings with clients as and when required to do so
- For allocated client accounts, to immerse yourself in allocated client brand and culture through understanding of their marketplace and their competitors
- To support the rest of the Reed & Mackay Event Teams by providing them with new and existing leads within your client portfolio
- To coordinate venue visits for the client and where necessary arrange for someone to accompany them
- Understand and keep up to date with individual client processes and procedures
- To understand, qualify and accurately detail the clients brief and contact the client directly to obtain any missing information before sourcing can begin
- Contact suitable venues by either telephone, email or external online sourcing platforms and check availability for all required facilities
- Negotiate rates, terms and conditions with the venue on the client’s behalf utilising Reed & Mackay Events or the client’s preferred venues to achieve the best rates and commission where applicable.
- To ensure all incoming calls and written communication are actioned promptly, efficiently and dealt with in an appropriate manner responding to the business and client needs
- To adhere to the Reed & Mackay or Client Specific Service Level agreements (where required).
- Identify upselling opportunities and action accordingly
- Update any inhouse management systems with required information during the life an event to meet company compliance & client reporting purposes.
- To undertake any other duties or responsibilities that may reasonably be expected within the terms of the role as assigned by your Team Leader or Head of Meetings & Events
- To attend all meetings both internal and external that are deemed relevant, participating and contributing as necessary
- To continually build relationships with suppliers
- To build effective working relationships and maintain regular communication with key individuals from all areas of the business
- To continually improve and update own product knowledge through targeted activities and attendance of familiarisation trips, office presentations and site visits
- To promote a professional image of Reed & Mackay Events to all clients and suppliers
- To be competent in computer skills, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and all relevant internal systems
- To participate in training and educational sessions and attendance of industry related courses
- To comply with Statutory and legal requirements for Fire, Health, Safety and Hygiene, and to ensure that you are working in accordance with these requirements
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Word/Excel/PowerPoint and general IT skills essential
- Strong multi-tasker who works well under pressure and can easily deal with short lead requests
- Accomplished and confident negotiator
- Able to self-motivate
- Creative, open-minded and willingness to adapt
- An excellent communicator & team player
- At least 1 year’s experience in working in Meetings & Events ideally in venue sourcing
- Knowledge of Cvent
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Communication: Is able to clearly and succinctly communicate with clients & suppliers alike in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Client Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Team Work: Takes steps to influence how own behaviour is perceived by others; Demonstrates understanding of how different people interact or are likely to interact; Listens carefully to what people say and checks understanding with them; Builds rapport quickly with colleagues contributing to a positive team spirit and shows appreciation for colleague’s contributions; Collaborates effectively with others; Has a good awareness of own strengths/weaknesses relative to others.
Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.
If you believe this role is for you, please send your CV to Recruitment@reedmackay.com