UK / Hybrid, 26th January
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF MEETING & EVENTS, UK
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
- To deliver all the venue find requirements to existing and new client accounts and be a trusted advisor to clients within this specialist area
- To provide the highest possible level of personal venue finding service to key clients
- To forge and develop relationships across all areas of Reed & Mackay sharing best in class market knowledge of meeting facilities and providers and thus supporting clients key objectives in meeting arranging
- To ensure maximum revenue generation in all areas of Reed & Mackay Events whilst always ensuring significant return on investment to the client
- To maximise client revenue through up selling and promotion of Reed & Mackay Event services.
- To be continually aware of the departmental targets and client income
- To ensure cancellations are managed in line with the company’s standards and procedures
- To maximise all income opportunities and to be actively aware of commission rates, preferred partners securing and negotiating enhanced levels wherever possible
- To undertake face to face meetings with clients as and when required to do so
- For allocated client accounts, to immerse yourself in allocated client brand and culture through understanding of their marketplace and their competitors
- To support the rest of the Reed & Mackay Event Teams by providing them with new and existing leads within your client portfolio
- To coordinate venue visits for the client and where necessary arrange for someone to accompany them
- Understand and keep up to date with individual client processes and procedures
- To understand, qualify and accurately detail the clients brief and contact the client directly to obtain any missing information before sourcing can begin
- Contact suitable venues by either telephone, email or external online sourcing platforms and check availability for all required facilities
- Negotiate rates, terms and conditions with the venue on the client’s behalf utilising Reed & Mackay Events or the client’s preferred venues to achieve the best rates and commission where applicable.
- To ensure all incoming calls and written communication are actioned promptly, efficiently and dealt with in an appropriate manner responding to the business and client needs
- To adhere to the Reed & Mackay or Client Specific Service Level agreements (where required).
- Identify upselling opportunities and action accordingly
- Update any inhouse management systems with required information during the life an event to meet company compliance & client reporting purposes.
- To undertake any other duties or responsibilities that may reasonably be expected within the terms of the role as assigned by your Team Leader or Head of Meetings & Events
- To attend all meetings both internal and external that are deemed relevant, participating and contributing as necessary
- To continually build relationships with suppliers
- To build effective working relationships and maintain regular communication with key individuals from all areas of the business
- To continually improve and update own product knowledge through targeted activities and attendance of familiarisation trips, office presentations and site visits
- To promote a professional image of Reed & Mackay Events to all clients and suppliers
- To be competent in computer skills, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and all relevant internal systems
- To participate in training and educational sessions and attendance of industry related courses
- To comply with Statutory and legal requirements for Fire, Health, Safety and Hygiene, and to ensure that you are working in accordance with these requirements
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Word/Excel/PowerPoint and general IT skills essential
- Strong multi-tasker who works well under pressure and can easily deal with short lead requests
- Accomplished and confident negotiator
- Able to self-motivate
- Creative, open-minded and willingness to adapt
- An excellent communicator & team player
- At least 1 year’s experience in working in Meetings & Events ideally in venue sourcing
- Knowledge of Cvent
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Communication: Is able to clearly and succinctly communicate with clients & suppliers alike in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Client Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Team Work: Takes steps to influence how own behaviour is perceived by others; Demonstrates understanding of how different people interact or are likely to interact; Listens carefully to what people say and checks understanding with them; Builds rapport quickly with colleagues contributing to a positive team spirit and shows appreciation for colleague’s contributions; Collaborates effectively with others; Has a good awareness of own strengths/weaknesses relative to others.
If you believe this role is for you, please send your CV to Recruitment@reedmackay.com