Reed & Mackay, a Strategic Travel Management and Services Company leads its field by attracting, developing and retaining the most talented people within the industry.
Reed & Mackay has an enviable reputation for exceptional service which is delivered through placing innovative technology (exclusively available to Reed & Mackay) in the hands of outstanding people.
The main role of a Business Travel Consultant is to build relationships and understand the needs of our clients whilst delivering a ‘high-touch’ service that saves clients time and drives down their total cost of travel.
The position offered is for a Business Travel Consultant, servicing travel requests from the European offices of a VIP client in the Finance sector. The candidate must be fluent in native German & English language, both verbal and written, and is to be based in Reed & Mackay’s Head Office in the City of London.
The client’s Global Travel Manager will be included in the selection and interview process.
- Provide a dedicated, consistently high level of service to all travellers & travel bookers tailored to their individual requirements, with a desire to exceed client expectation at all times by going the extra mile
- Effectively manage your workload to meet all deadlines as required, internally or client driven
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of various account processes and policies, and can adapt quickly to any necessary changes to these, as and when they arise
- Work directly with the client’s Global Travel Manager, for guidance on policy matters that require escalation
- Pre-trip approval knowledge will be an advantage
- Demonstrate proactive thinking and provide a consultative approach to all travel requests providing an end to end solution for all clients
- Advise proactively on relevant Passport and Visa requirements and procedures for all destinations
- Apply Quality Control procedures and processes at all times in line with ISO27001 (data security certification) and PCI compliance
- Recommend and procure ancillary products as required i.e. car rental, ferry, etc.
- Good knowledge of high speed intercontinental rail options required
Savings, Product Knowledge and Optimised Value
- Deliver cost effective solutions across all aspects of travel
- Proactively identify and implement opportunity to add value to each booking through specialist supplier relationships
- Utilise detailed understanding of the client policy to drive compliance for the client while maximising opportunity to enhance traveller experience
- Knowledge and ability to apply a variety of fare types and contracts to air bookings, including private contracted fares, round the world fares, air passes, creative fares and published fares
- Qualify opportunity for and proactively deliver split and combination fare ticketing where appropriate
- Proactively identify cross market and local inventory differences, and when these should be taken advantage of
- Look at alternative airports/routings for the client which could offer better convenience and/or cost savings to clients, this should also include Low Cost Carriers where appropriate
- Procure the best hotel rates for clients utilising GDS and non GDS channels
- Monitor all bookings for fare/rate saving opportunities up until completion of the trip
- Have an enthusiastic and willing to learn attitude, attending all relevant training / coaching as required
- Achieve individual and team based objectives through the annual Performance Development Review (PDR)
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Must be fluent in native German & English (excellent verbal and written language)
- Experience and knowledge of pre-trip approval systems
- Manage your own tickets issuance for both Air and Eurostar
- Calculate your own reissues and changes in a timely manner, working in liaison with the Ticketing Department.
- Exceptional telephone manner and good written skills
- Demonstrate ability to make effective use of resources available to complete tasks to agreed deadlines
- Has achieved a continuous record of experience in a core business travel environment
- Minimum qualification level to Fares & Ticketing VAII (formally BA2)
- Fully conversant with one or all GDS systems; Sabre, Galileo, Amadeus
- Fully conversant with Evolvi rail booking system
- Good knowledge of European rail provider frameworks and reservation systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the travel industry and products in the market including different aircraft types and cabins.
- Knowledge of Low Cost Carriers in the market and their different products available.
- Experience of mixed mode booking tools, and how to support both offline/online bookings.
- Have a ‘team player’ approach to an office environment
- Experience in using MS Word and Excel software packages
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a highly pressurised environment, and ability to adapt quickly to increases in travel request volumes.
- Flexible approach to working environment and willingness to work on at different office locations.
- Ability to build a good rapport with all clients