REPORTING TO: CEO- GERMANY
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
A position has become available for an experienced and competent individual to join Reed & Mackay as General Manager for our German market.
As General Manager, you will be expected to support the growth ambition of R&M Germany whilst retaining a high degree of exceptional service delivery and team spirit. Our people and our clients will be of the highest priority, along with overseeing daily business activities, improving overall business functions, managing budgets, developing strategic plans, creating policies and communicating business goals.
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist in growing relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff retention and productivity, enhancing efficiency, improve revenue and meeting business objectives and key results.
- Provide direction, coaching and motivation necessary to deliver agreed goals/targets
- Provide on the job advice, guidance and support to all teams on a daily basis
- Create a harmonious and fair working environment, operating best practice principles
- Encourage and reinforce team work ethic
- Provide performance feedback discussions at every level
- Demonstrate R&M “Duty of care” to all staff
- Create a knowledge sharing attitude within the team
- Chair regular well structued team meetings, creating a safe environment for open dialogue
- Encourage and support career development
- Pro-actively build meaningful and long lasting relationships where required
- Ensure the team delivers exceptional service geared to exceeding client expectations at all times.
- Demonstrate proactive thinking when providing travel solutions
- Ensure Quality Control across all aspects of our procedures and processes
- Ensure compliance with the client policies and guidelines at all times
- Monitor client issues and trends and escalate as appropriate
- Work closely with the Global Sales Director to ensure the team delivers all agreed targets and objectives
- Assist Sales with placing new business within the team – identifying and managing capacity within resources.
- Highlight changes in travel trends and provide feedback on risks and opportunities
- Encourage new client referrals
- Developing and implement growth strategies
Reporting and Process Management
- Communicate key business information to the team via monthly team meetings and ad hoc updates
- Create a continuous improvement mindset across the operation – developing work efficiencies to support improved operational environment and service to client.
- Ability to formulate creative solutions or alternatives to usual methods and approach in order to meet business targets
- Build key relationships with your colleagues across the global to share local knowledge and insights. Maintain regular communication with R&M Leadership Team
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong leadership ethic – ability to motivate and provide direction to individuals and teams to achieve agreed goals
- Strong knowledge of the Travel industry
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proven experience with managing and leading people – getting the best out of teams
- Budget and P&L management
- Strong level of commercial acumen
- Promotes a collaborative team working environment at all times
- Ability to make effective decisions based on business rationale
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
- Self-motivator and results driven
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Agile and dynamic with the ability to make quick decisions in a time pressured environment
Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.