Achieving mutual trust and respect with clients doesn’t happen overnight. We’ve been able to nurture these over our six decades in corporate travel management, driven by a customer-focused strategy.
Marking our 60th birthday this year has given us extra reason to celebrate and reflect on how our solid foundations have helped towards our growth in the years since we launched. It also means we’re well placed to innovate and evolve our offering to meet your every travel need.
Our mission to deliver a high-touch, client-first travel management service is evidenced in a 97% client retention rate; it’s reflected in the awards we’ve won; it’s seen in our commitment to sustainability; and our global growth is still driven, in large part, by client referral.
HOW WE PUT CLIENTS FIRST
Meeting your business goals by creating tailor-made travel solutions is at the heart of everything we do. It’s an ethos we’ve been committed to for 60 years and counting.
We spoke to our CEO, Fred Stratford, who believes that, since COVID-19, clients have been even more appreciative of this approach.
“COVID-19 brought more complexity to travel – particularly business travel,” he says. “Clients see our partnerships becoming increasingly important. We take care of those travel challenges so you can take care of your business.
“We’re seeing that, as travel’s come back, more organisations that previously didn’t have their business travel managed are now working with TMCs.”
HOW WE RESOLVE TRAVEL MANAGEMENT CHALLENGES
Undoubtedly there will always be challenges in travel.
“However, our service-first mindset means we can get our clients back from anywhere,” Stratford adds.
“Our experienced teams have worked through major challenges. From 9/11, to the Icelandic ash cloud, they know how to deal with difficult situations and to take care of our clients. And they’re not afraid to find innovative solutions.
“We treat every client like they’re our only client. For 60 years every single journey has been important and, as we go forward, we remain focused on getting our clients where they need to be.”
THANK YOU TO EMPLOYEES, CLIENTS AND INDUSTRY PARTNERS
An important part of celebrating 60 years in corporate travel management is thanking our committed, dynamic staff. They bring a wealth of expertise, experience and innovation, and are passionate about providing outstanding service.
As the industry builds back from COVID-19, we’re also working closely with our supply partners, without whom we couldn’t deliver the end-to-end service excellence we strive for. For 60 years we have placed our clients’ needs at the heart of the relationships we hold with airlines, hotels, ground transportation companies, and more, and we’re very proud of those partnerships.
“And to our clients, we want to say thank you for your loyalty and putting your trust in us,” Stratford adds. “We’re always looking to go above and beyond for you and, when we engage with new clients, we go into it with a long-term view and commitment to customer service.
“What we’ve learnt from the last 60 years puts us in good stead for the next 60 years.”
60 YEARS OF MEETING CLIENTS’ NEEDS
- Launched as a team of four in London.
1970s – 1990s
- Grew through recommendation, building loyalty with a prestigious client base who needed an elevated level of care.
- First TMC to deliver a pre-emptive 24-hour in-house emergency travel service as focus on traveller safety grew.
- R&M/iQ launched, the industry leading consultant booking platform.
- R&M/Book created, extending the R&M/iQ platform, bringing speed and ease to travellers and bookers.
- Extended our wholly owned footprint into additional markets including Singapore, Paris, the US, Frankfurt and Dubai.
- R&M/Mobile launched, to meet demand to book and manage travel on the move.
- Expanded into Australia, opened an office in Amsterdam and invested in our Event Management and Advisory Services divisions.
- Adapted our global technology platform, delivering an enhanced level of safety for travel during a global pandemic.
- Became part of the Navan Group, the only all-in-one travel, corporate card and expense solution.
- The first TMC Group to offer Neste MY Sustainable Aviation Fuel™ to our customers.
Find out how we can put your business travel management needs first. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your client success manager.