REPORTING TO: VP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Reed & Mackay leads the global travel and event management arena with extraordinary service and proprietary, client-led technology. Ranked first in the Sunday Times International Fast Track 2020, we are a business that is always looking forwards, while ensuring that we’re everything that our clients need today. In May 2021, we became part of the TripActions Group, and together we are setting the agenda for the future of business travel.
This SDR role is responsible for all activities tied to the early stages of the sales cycle including prospecting and pre-qualification of opportunities prior to passing on to the Sales team. This position will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives in the US.
As an SDR you will be tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound outreach. You will maintain a thorough understanding of R&M’s services, technology, and value proposition, as well as industry and customer needs in order to identify appropriate prospects and establish effective communication and engagement.
Based in NYC (hybrid), the role will pro-actively raise the profile of Reed & Mackay in the corporate travel sector across the US by leveraging multiple assets to promote Reed & Mackay to prospective clients. This will include – effective lead generation, researching and qualifying known and new prospects.
We are looking for an excited highly self-motivated candidate who is ready to excel in a high-growth environment and is eager to grow their sales careers. The ideal candidate is confident, and competitive, can adapt quickly, listen intently, and work equally as hard on their own or as part of the team. You work well under pressure, think outside the box, and can initiate informative and engaging conversations with prospects and internal teams alike.
- Hunt for new business opportunities through high volume outbound activity
- Research potential new accounts, identify key players, and create new opportunities for our US Sales team
- Support sales teams with business development and pipeline expansion by creating target prospects lists, generating leads, and securing and scheduling meetings
- Understand customer needs and requirements and formulate a meaningful and comprehensive plan and approach for a customized outreach
- Ability to connect with decision makers, articulate R&M’s value proposition, and book appointments for the sales team
- Leveraging tools such as Zoominfo, and Sales Navigator to build your prospect list
- Collaborating with marketing and other cross functional teams to increase R&M’s overall inbound leads strategy
- Follow-up on inbound marketing leads and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects.
- Manage and maintain the CRM tool (Salesforce) for pipeline reporting, developing prospective partner profiles and documenting all sales-related activities
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Consistent and proven record of target overachievement in a sales environment
- A strong relationship builder
- Ability to use a multitude of outreach methods including social media, cold calling, and email to generate interest in the service we provide
- Ability to interact confidently & persuasively at all levels
- Confident and articulate written / verbal communicator
- Results orientated to achieve aggressive sales targets
- Attention to detail
- A motivated self-starter who is passionate about delivering above and beyond
- Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, while building strong working relationships
- Initiative: Taking ownership of your work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, thinking of better ways to do things
- Coachability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
- Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.