POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
REPORTING TO: COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
Reed and Mackay is an ambitious business that delivers forward thinking travel solutions and exemplary service to our clients across the globe. At the heart of our business are talented people who share a passion for the extraordinary, no matter what they do. As the Communications Manager you will play a critical part in the next stage of brand development and global growth in this very successful business.
The Communications Manager is responsible for creating and measuring a range of internal and external communication activities to promote, enhance and protect brand reputation and to drive engagement with numerous stakeholder groups. Your contribution to this dynamic business will open doors to new opportunities for our sales and account management teams, excite both employees and clients alike and deliver a quantifiable return on investment for the board.
We’re looking for a creative individual with energy and enthusiasm who takes pride not only in generating ideas but in practical delivery and continuous measurement. You will be a skilled writer, passionate about language and with a strong understanding of the part tone of voice plays in the overall brand positioning.
You will be a natural communicator, enjoy collaboration and be able to partner with different disciplines across the business in order to bring the communication strategy to life.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for;
Creating content in line with the communications strategy to build our distinctive brand and market position as directed by the Communication Director
- Generating ideas, scoping content and sourcing speakers for Reed & Mackay’s on-going programme of client events, ensuring promotion in line with agreed central messaging and tone of voice
- Leveraging testimonials and success stories from across the global client base by working with our global account management team to deliver and maintain an on-going series of content that supports new business and retention
- Managing newsletters for clients (quarterly), partners (bi-annually) and suppliers (bi-annually) from content scoping and creation to build and measurement.
- Working with the marketing team to ensure that content is rolled out in line with regional market requirements and in support of campaign plans, re-purposing for new channels and localising for markets as required
- Supporting the Communications Director with PR activity by acting as the first point of contact for inbound media enquiries and measuring and reporting on overall activity across markets, including editorial contribution and speaking opportunities.
- Supporting digital communications working with the wider marketing team to ensure that all content is leveraged across the website and social channels
- Working with Communications Director, HR team and leadership to deliver a programme of business updates to employees in all markets
- Working collaboratively with the business to actively manage an over-arching internal communications plan to ensure consistency in approach, appropriate timing and use of the right internal and external channels to promote messages
- Actively managing the intranet system and supporting the Communications Director in the creation of our next generation intranet as we move to the cloud to accommodate our growing global business
- Working closely with the Global Marketing Director and Communications Director and HR team to position and promote Reed & Mackay as a responsible organisation, leveraging the extensive activity that already takes place across the globe and driving both internal and external engagement in line with key pillars.
- Support the Global Marketing Director and broader marketing team with key messaging for collateral and website
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience of the corporate travel sector is a bonus but not essential
- Evidence prior success of executing marketing skills as outlined above
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Can demonstrate the ability to network across teams, promote collaboration and build strong relationships
- Must be proactive, anticipate future requirements and demonstrate forward thinking capabilities with the ability to propose key ideas and concepts
[Note: Role will report to Global Marketing Director until Communication Director returns from Maternity Leave)