Purpose of Role:
To meet the various corporate travel needs of Reed & Mackay clients in accordance to our service delivery standards and our revenue and profitability expectations.
Reed & Mackay, a Strategic Travel Management and Services Company, employ over 800 people internationally and have recently entered the Australian market with strong growth ambitions. This anticipated growth has led to the creation of this role to provide the necessary skills and expertise to successfully grow and maintain the leisure and SME business in Australia.
At Reed & Mackay a Corporate Travel Advisor works as part of a dynamic team of individuals servicing multiple corporate accounts across a full 24 hour spectrum. The Advisor aims to meet client travel requirements, utilising preferred supplier arrangements (both client and company deals), adopt all internal policies and procedures and fully utilise the technology platforms available.
- Assist clients in trip planning including airline, route and fare options as well as associated requirements such as visa and health requirements
- Research fare and rate options taking into consideration policy, preference, price and profitability
- Provide quotations in line with the established Reed & Mackay standard.
Reservations & Ticketing
- Make air, hotel and car reservations accurately both in terms of the clients request and the prevailing terms and conditions associated with each supplier
- Take a proactive approach in meeting clients travel requirements
- Stay abreast of industry developments through active participation in supplier forums, educational sessions and Reed & Mackay’s own Learning & Development activities.
- Answer phone calls in a friendly, timely, helpful and professional manner
- Deliver quotes within the required SLA time frame
- Escalate complaints promptly, fairly, and responsibly.
Teamwork & Communication
- Actively participate in weekly team meetings, Town Halls and product updates with suppliers
- Be proactive in attending client meetings and developing client relationships to develop rapport and a deeper understanding of the client’s requirements
- Support co-workers in the sharing of knowledge and the workload
- Provide market intelligence and client feedback to the business as appropriate and available.
Office Systems & Processes
- Complete daily roster tasks e.g. Queue maintenance
- Adhere to the use of R&M systems and procedures to provide the committed service obligations to our clients, e.g. Quoting Guidelines, Activity Log
- Be proactive in selecting bookings from the email manager in line with SLA agreements and prioritising urgent requests
- Adhere to client Travel Policies when making bookings.
- Deep knowledge of travel distribution
- Strong technical knowledge of fares and ticketing
- Results orientation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Team orientated with the ability to work autonomously
- Previous experience as either a Retail/Leisure Travel Consultant and/or Corporate Consultant for a minimum of two years.
- Understanding of SLA requirements and high touch clientele, including VIP’s
- Professional phone manner.