With the successful expansion of our business and our philosophy around continuous improvement, a position has become available for a highly competent individual to join the Learning & Development Team as a Global L&D Business Partner.
The main purpose will be to own the global Learning & Development strategy by working closely with the L&D Manager and Global HR Director to ensure alignment with the UK learning agenda. You will also be working collaboratively with international stakeholders to ensure their learning needs are met.
(Maternity Leave Period only): You will lead, motivate and manage the Learning & Development function in the absence of the L&D Manager, ensuring that the team are achieving the objectives and ambitions set out in the L&D strategy.
Management Development Programme (MDP)
You will write and deliver an accredited MDP programme for our international offices; ensuring the programme meets both the needs of the learner as well as the overall ambitions of the organisation. You will also ensure that the overall programme is aligned with the UK, but bespoke to international needs and markets.
(Maternity Leave Period only): You will be required to project manage the UK Level 3 MDP to ensure all internal and external parties receive the appropriate activities at pre-planned intervals and ensure the programme meets the relevant timescales.
You will manage the mentoring programme to accompany the MDP from both the mentor and mentee perspective to ensure a positive and beneficial experience on both sides. Organising and delivering an interview selection process ahead of any management development to assess core skills/competencies and suitability will be another responsibility that you will undertake.
You will review and maintain an apprenticeship strategy to ensure maximum return on Reed & Mackay’s apprenticeship levy investment. Key activities to include:
- Working closely with the SVP Operations in the US to introduce and successfully run an internship programme, introducing new talent into the organisation and quipping the US with future talent
- Researching and introducing an equivalent apprenticeship model for the relevant wholly owned international Reed & Mackay offices
(Maternity Leave Period only): Support any UK led apprenticeship plans
Global Learning Agenda
You will conduct an International Training Needs Analysis to identify and assess skills needed across the international offices and implement appropriate training solutions, curating a training calendar tailored to their local requirements.
Sourcing the best fit learning providers (in line with budget) to meeting training needs.
Identifying ‘subject matter experts’ within our international offices to help with delivery of L&D Interventions.
Ensuring digital learning solutions on the internal LMS that are bespoke to each international market.
(Maternity Leave Period only):
- Implementing and managing the new global LMS, ensuring effective ongoing engagement and platform maintenance/development
- Reviewing and updating existing digital learning content ensuring it is on-brand, up-to-date and meets the needs of the business
- Managing the design and delivery of the UK training agenda, whilst ensuring a running calendar of training courses are available to UK employees
Supporting the Global HR Director as appropriate to help drive the cultural engagement across the whole group. Designing Cultural Induction training to compliment and fit with the local ‘cultures’ of each international wholly owned office, whilst ensuring the history of Reed & Mackay is also embedded as part of this.
Adapt the U.K. classroom induction programme to cater for the needs of international markets, incorporating e-learning/webex where applicable, ensuring that the content is informative yet culturally sensitive.
Continue to grow a Coaching Culture by:
- Delivering a tailored coaching approach that empowers individuals to change
- Identifying skills gaps with participants
- Share techniques to inspire sustained behavioural change
You will work closely with the L&D Manager & Divisional Heads to review our Performance Management programme that is both effective and scalable, with a view to roll this out internationally.
Reviewing business wide behaviours that support Reed & Mackay culture, yet aspire towards exceptional behaviour. Reviewing Service Standards for Operations and Support departments to share Reed & Mackay service best practice guidelines. You will also learn to drive engagement to delivering excellent service.
Supporting & coaching L&D consultants to deliver classroom and e-learning interactions. Supporting other areas of the business that deliver bespoke training to ensure their learning activities are effective, engaging and relevant. Encouraging the use of various learning technologies to ensure the end user has the most effective learning possible.
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing a global L&D strategy
- Ability to build influential relationships and deliver results in a cross-functional/matrixed structured environment
- You must be a strategic thinker, with the ability to see and influence the bigger global picture and most importantly you must be engaging and creative in your approach to ensure consistency is delivered across the group
- Experience of operating at a senior level, providing credible advice to address performance gaps and learning needs
- Previous experience of leading a Learning & Development team
- CIPD Qualification (minimum Level 5)
- Coaching Qualification (desired)
- Proven experience of e-learning design (articulate preferable)
- Proven experience of implementing and managing a global LMS
- Working with accreditation bodies to deliver talent programmes
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand and engage with internal and external customers
- Maintain a ‘can do’ approach to all tasks
- Resilient – the ability to remain calm under pressure whilst multi-tasking and working to and meeting required deadlines
- Travel to international offices will be required