PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Head of Product Development, the Product Manager will focus on identifying and prioritising Product enhancements and bug fixes, primarily for the UK market, but also in support of our Global Product suite.
Supporting our ISO:27001 (Information Security Management) and PCI-DSS accreditation, a strong emphasis is placed on confidentiality, integrity and security of data. The role will therefore also involve the co-ordination of system configuration and user management activities.
Working closely with the Head of Product Management, providing support in the creation of training and Product communications.
Lead by example in being courteous, proactive, helpful and respectful with everyone around you, take ownership of problems, see them through to resolution and never walk past an issue without doing something about it.
- Lead monthly iQ stakeholder meetings.
- Lead monthly Commercial / Finance stakeholder meetings.
- Identify and prioritise new features and bug fixes.
- Drive delivery through business case, scoping, development and into Production.
- Liaise with the IT Development team during the DevOps life-cycle.
- Support the UAT testing of backlog items.
- Provide progress reports and status updates to all stakeholders.
GDS Configuration Support
- Manage ordering and configuration of new PCC’s in line with Global requirements.
- Manage PNR acquisition programme with Partners (via Amadeus, Sabre, Travelport)
- Liaise with International Development Team in on-boarding Partners.
- Conduct periodic Sabre Sign-on, PCC and Branch Access audits to maintain security.
- Provide escalation point for iQ Support team in resolution of GDS configuration issues.
- Key technical resource for set- and configuration of new client/supplier data feeds.
- Provide ongoing support to stakeholders.
- Review and scope enhancements to existing data flows e.g. adoption of API’s
- Establish contacts with key technical resources at each Global Partner
- On-board new Partner agencies in adoption of Global Portal and associated tools.
- Provide technical support for roll-out and ongoing operation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to gather user requirements and work on own initiative to produce accurate and unambiguous scoping requirements.
- Ability to facilitate workshops and solution sessions.
- Attention to detail – ability to manage multiple ongoing work-streams.
- Maturity and confidence to communicate at all levels.
- Customer service skills orientated with the ability to anticipate user needs.
- Proven experience in a commercial business intelligence and data engineering (min 5x year).
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive GDS (primarily Sabre, but also Amadeus and TravelPort) experience.
- Travel industry experience essential.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Educated to A-Level standard minimum.
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
We think it’s very important that you take responsibility and drive your own personal and professional development. R&M encourage individuals to pursue professional accreditations and provide support for external exams.
R&M operate an open culture, providing the opportunity for their staff to build valuable management, business and commercial experience to complement their proven technical skill set.
WORKING HOURS AND TRAVEL:
This role will be based out of R&M’s head office which is based in London (Farringdon Street). The core UK business hours (08:30 – 18:00 Monday to Friday) – 7.5x hour working day. There will be a requirement to visit our Development Centre (Colchester) on a regular basis. Some International travel may be required with this role.
Responsible for assisting with compliance to Reed & Mackay’s certification programmes and policies.